Last week I spent any free time putting together my WEEK IN THE LIFE ALBUM ...
- Before the Week In The Life project actually started, I spent some time thinking about what my album would look like. I really liked last year's format so I knew that I would create something similar. I also knew that I would only use supplies that I already had. Using album refills that I had in my stash, this is the plan that I came up with ... 4 12x12 pages for each day ...
- Next up I allocated 2 12x12 pattern papers for each day and then cut up blocks of pattern papers for the other pages, entirely from my scraps ... I tried to coordinate papers on a double page spread.
- Photo printing time ... firstly I selected my feature photo for each day remembering that it needed to be of portrait orientation ... I then selected 3 landscape and 3 portrait photos for each day and printed these 4x6 size ... I then printed 8 smaller photos (4 photos fitted on one piece of 4x6 photo paper) of landscape orientation and 1 medium photo (2 photos fitted on one piece of 4x6 photo paper) of portrait orientation.
- For the first page of each day and the title page I cut down a piece of 12x12 white cardstock and then cut in half ... I typed up my words using my blog post as a reference and then printed on white half of the white cardstock as I have a standard printer ... I rejoined the cardstock, added my feature photo and 2 coordinating blocks of pattern paper.
- The final step was embellishing ... I grabbed any appropriate supplies from my stash and added page by page.
I am happy with my finished album and I am already looking forward to next year ... one note to self is to ensure that I take a variety of landscape and portrait photos ... this year I definitely had more landscape photos.
OK, thanks for stopping by.