We spent a week at Stanage Bay, north of Rockhampton, camping. An entire seven days and seven nights without mobile phone service. Bush camping on the beach with no showers or toilets. The Stanage Bay township has one shop which is the pub, general store and petrol station combined. We had a ball.
Lots of adventures on the beach .... exploring the rock pools .... making enormous sand cities .... a bit of swimming .... campfires .... dampers .... reading ..... fishing ..... hermit crabs ..... mud fights .... Guess Who ... hanging in the hammock .... ice creams from the shop .... shell collecting.
Last Saturday we packed the car and the kids and set off on a 800km road trip to Sydney to catch up with my sister, Bron, and her family. We had 4 nights in the big smoke and then 3 nights at the beach at South West Rocks.
Was fabulous to have a change of scenery. Polly was a bit out of sorts and she shared our room, so that wasn't great. We were so happy to put her back in her own room when we got home.
Will let my photos tell the story ....
We were well overdue for a beach fix. Perfect time of year to spend almost all day on the beach. Loved that Jack and Eve were still happy to dig and build in the sand, somethings don't change as they get older.
Look how cute they were, these photos make me so happy and there are heaps and heaps of similar photos of Jack and Evie playing on the beach. Watching Freddie was just like going back in time. Hanging out on the beach together is about the only time that Jack an Eve don't fight these days, must be the sea air.
Freddie's last holiday at the beach was when he was only 16 months old, words can't explain how much he loved it this time!
And Polly, well she just enjoyed eating sand. The sand stucky perfectly to her snotty face!
Such a cheeky girl, will be back soon to share her 9 months milestones. Thanks for stopping by.
I have been catching up on some of my favourite blogs and I love the posts featuring people's TOP TEN LAYOUTS of 2010 .... a good chance to look through my albums and remind myself of the layouts I created last year ... these are my personal favourites ... it was actually more difficult than I thought it would be to select only 10, I guess that is a good thing ...
1. This was a favourite sketch of mine last year, love the clean look of photos arranged in one line across both sides of the layout ... sometimes I have to make myself STOP arranging photos like this ... also love these Cosmo Cricket chipboard elements.
2. A favourite photo of Eve and I really like the circle embellishments.
3. Love the papers and the doilies and the My Mind's Eye tags, love everything here, it still makes me smile particularly the photo with the ice block mouth.
4. Love the colours on this one.
5. This was a fun layout to create and Evie's favourite for sure ... like the silhouettes for something different.
6. This layout brings back memories ... it sat on my desk for a couple of days waiting to have the buttons sewn on ... Freddie decided to add a bit of his own scrapbooking to the layout with a black pen ... with a bit of fixing, the layout was fine and is now a firm favourite.
7. Hello Echo Park, a new favourite scrapbooking brand ... also love the idea of combining photos taken over the years onto one layout ... this one was all about Evie's bikinis.
8. Great colour combo and fun photos of Evie's year of being 8.
9. More cute chipboard elements and a photo of Freddie with each family member.
10. Really love this one, I think it is the punched hearts, or maybe it is the Dear Lizzy ribbon or is it the Christmas shoot photos?
Now I am ready to embark on lots more creating for 2011 ... hope that you are ready too. To get things started, here is a TAKE AWAY pack for Cut & Paste ...
A Christmas layout that doesn't actually contain any Christmas product ... great colours and love the Bo Bunny flower, would look super pretty on a hair clip ...
I also used these ...
which are available for purchase at Cut & Paste.
That's it from me today ... thanks for stopping by.